This Holstein violin is inspired by the original Guarneri Del Gesu violin made in 1740, but with an improved one piece back!
The quality and dimensions of the wood are copied from the original (as well as the varnish), to achieve the same tonal qualities of the priceless Guarneri from 1740. The original was played by Ferdinand David, and in 1922, Jascha Heifetz aquired the violin. He played this violin, his favorite violin, for 65 years!
* These violins are benchmade (made exclusively by one master Luthier)!
* Methodical production process with plate tuning technology.
* Antiqued Italian Oil Varnish
* Aged Select Russian Spruce and Select Maple sourced from high altitude forests (Aged 100+ years, dried 20+ years)
* Highest Quality Hill-style Boxwood fittings
* Highest Quality Ebony Fingerboard
* Titanium Fine Tuner and Tailpiece Adjuster / Gut
* Deluxe Aubert Mirecourt French-made Bridge (or Despiau 3-tree)
* Strings depends on what we think works best with the specific violin!
* Comes with a Quality Oblong Case
Every Holstein instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Original "David" Dimensions
Length of back: 35.4 cm
Upper bout: 16.5 cm
Middle bout: 11 cm
Lower bout: 20.5 cm
Still not convinced?
You can request this violin on an In-Home-Trial, or request a personal video. If you can't decide between two models, we can record and send a comparison video for you to pick and choose. Chat with us, send us an email, or give us a call (800-595-0592) for a professional consultation.