At Fiddlershop, we’re devoted to your musical journey, from a beginner/student instrument to the instrument of your dreams. We understand the importance of having an instrument matching your level of playing. To support this journey, we encourage you to take advantage of our generous trade-in program.
We are happy to accept violins, violas, cellos, and double basses previously purchased from us, as trade-ins. Every eligible trade-in is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the condition of the instrument, one can expect between 50-70% of the original purchase price as a trade-in credit towards an upgrade.
- Fractional size instruments are eligible for trade in credit towards a different size instrument of equal or greater value.
- Full size instruments, originally purchased for $349 or less, are not eligible for trade in.
- Full size instruments, originally purchased for $350-$1000, are eligible for trade in credit towards an instrument of at least 50% higher retail value.
- Full size instruments originally purchased for over $1000, are eligible for trade in credit towards an instrument of at least 30% higher retail value.
- Trade-in credit may only be applied toward the purchase of the same type of instrument (violin, viola, cello, bass)
Please note that we reserve the right to reject an instrument as a trade-in. Instruments must be in good condition and without major damage.