Fiddlerman Concert Viola Review
What does B-stock mean?
Every now and then we receive an instrument from our workshop with a visual imperfection. The instrument might have a small nick, scratch or a miss-coloration in the varnish. These visual issues do not affect the performance or playability of the instrument. However, we would never put these instruments into our regular inventory.
Just like every other Fiddlerman instrument we sell, this instrument is set up to perfection by our talented luthiers and is covered by our lifetime structural warranty.
We have a limited stock of these instruments. Every instrument has a different imperfection. Please find attached pictures for examples of these visual flaws.
Fiddlerman Concert Viola Outfit
An advanced level viola with a deep appealing sound, responsive playability and inspiring looks. Big, bold sounding, great "hand feel" and precisely-functioning components! Carefully selected aged flamed tonewoods with real Ebony fittings and careful hand-varnishing brings out the natural beauty of the wood and the tone. European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood".
- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% Ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon tailpiece with 4x fine tuners
- Hand-carved French Despiau Bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 6 years
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Strings - whichever strings sound better on the specific violin (most commonly D'Addario Prelude)
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box!
Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments.
FIDDLERMAN VIOLA BOW FEATURES
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood and lower grade Pernambuco)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
This outfit was really meant for higher level instruments, but we made it happen! You'll find a nice oblong case, followed by our Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow, a shoulder rest, and rosin. Products that alone retail for over $200. We strive to offer this kind of quality outfit with every Fiddlerman viola we sell.
- One-year warranty on all accessories
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong viola case.
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow
- Fiddlerman Rosin
- Viola shoulder rest
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth (Gray)
- Carbon composite tailpiece with built-in fine tuners
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the instruments and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violas directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman viola is set up in our workshop.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.