The Fiddlerman Artist Viola raises the bar on what to expect from an intermediate viola. Full of warmth and power, the Artist Viola fills every room with a bold and noble sound. For advancing violists and violinists looking to expand their horizens, the Artist Viola is a great choice for chamber music, solo performances and orchestral settings.
Fiddlerman Artist Viola Features
- Solid hand-carved, figured spruce and maple tonewoods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Hand-carved French Despiau bridge or a Holstein 3-star
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- European spruce soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 7 years
- Strings - whichever strings sound better on the specific viola (most commonly Thomastik Dominant)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC (Music Educators National Conference) standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box!
*Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
**Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments.
Fiddlerman Viola Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Case: Fiddlerman Quality Oblong Viola Case FC75 with dark gray interior.
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow
Shoulder Rest: Fiddlerman Wood Shoulder Rest
Rosin: Holstein Premium Rosin
Cloth: Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
Tuner: Fiddlerman Digital Tuner AV10
The Fiddlershop Way
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates all violas and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. Each Fiddlerman viola is set up in our workshop.
Artist Viola Outfit
My overall experience was absolutely fabulous! I worked with Brenda throughout the process. Brenda has the patience of a saint! I had a boatload of questions and she never sounded exasperated or put out by my ga-zillion questions. She patiently walked me through the process and never pushed me to make the purchase. After several phone calls/discussions with Brenda I made the decision to go with the Artist Viola Outfit when I was ready. And I absolutely love the instrument!! Brenda is a quiet professional and dedicated to her craft. She knows her business inside and out. Whenever I need support from Fiddlershop I will ALWAYS start by asking for Brenda’s support. Keep Brenda on staff at all costs.
Thank you for expediting our purchase of a viola for our grandson so that it arrived before Christmas.
Wonderful sounding instrument!
I've been playing the violin as a hobby for the last few years and decided I wanted something a little deeper sounding, this instrument is perfect! It's beautiful and was shipped securely, arriving in perfect condition.
Everything was wonderful. The viola sounds beautiful and the kit was full of good quality supplies.
Lovely sound, easy to play, great outfit.
What a fun, delightful instrument! The bow feels good. The case looks great, whenever I get to leave the house again. I'm sticking with 5-string violins, but I love the oomph of this viola, and the way it forces me to clean up my technique.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.