- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tonewoods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon tailpiece with 4 fine tuners
- Hand-carved French Despiau viola bridge or Holstein 1-star
- European spruce soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 5 years
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME (National Association for Music Education) students
- Strings - whichever strings sound better on the specific viola (most commonly D'Addario Prelude)
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box!
Fiddlerman Viola Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood and lower grade pernambuco)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Case: Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong viola case. Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders.
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow
Shoulder Rest: Fiddlerman Wood Viola Shoulder Rest (14” come with Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest)
Rosin: Fiddlerman Select Dark Rosin
Cloth: Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
Tuner: Fiddlerman Digital Tuner AV10
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and revolutionizing the string instrument industry? We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford. Our founder Pierre Holstein (a.k.a. "Fiddlerman") works directly with makers in many different countries to produce only the best for our customers. With over 40 years as a professional violinist in orchestras around the world, he brings unmatched expertise in music and business to everything we do.
Every Fiddlerman viola is set up and tested in our workshop to make sure it passes our rigorous 10-point inspection. Our incredibly talented team is here to help answer any questions you have, and make sure your instrument arrives safely.
Excellent experience from start to finish. Responsive, helpful website, and a fiddle any pro would be happy to play. I remain Most grateful.
I’ve wanted to buy something from Fiddlershop for so long! This product came with so many great accessories and a fantastic case! This viola sounds very very nice! I love my new instrument and I’m very pleased with everything about this company, the only thing I would have different is; I would have had the wood flamed like the one in the picture. This absolutely doesn’t decrease my happiness with my order, thank you for this great instrument, Fiddlershop!!!
This came with everything my daughter needed to begin her viola/ musical journey. It sounds great to us. She has taken a lot of initiative with her music practice now that she has an instrument of her own to play and care for.
I simply cannot say enough good about my viola. It sounds and plays wonderfully. I practice outside on nice early mornings or late afternoon and my neighbors are sitting outside to listen to be, which I find to be a huge responsibility. My viola is up to it, even when I am not....
Really, really great!
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.