B-Stock Fiddlerman Concert Violin:
Fiddlerman Concert Violin Review
How does the Apprentice compare with the Concert?
How does the Concert compare with the Artist?
What does B-stock mean?
Every now and then we receive an instrument from our workshop with a visual imperfection. The instrument might have a small nick, scratch or a discoloration in the varnish. These visual issues do not affect the performance or playability of the instrument. However, we would never put these instruments into our regular inventory.
Just like every other Fiddlerman instrument we sell, this instrument is set up to perfection by our talented luthiers and is covered by our lifetime structural warranty.
We have a limited stock of these instruments. Every instrument has a different imperfection.
Fiddlerman Concert Violin Outfit
The Fiddlerman Concert violin astounds with its big, open and clear sound. Players will immediately enjoy the deeper tones compared to the Apprentice Violin.
Each instrument starts from carefully selected aged tonewood, real ebony fittings, and the hand applied varnish brings out the natural beauty of the wood. The violin is well balanced across all the strings and Fiddlerman synthetic core strings deliver a wide tonal palette to draw from.
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid hand-carved, beautifully figured spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon composite tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved Despiau or Holstein 1-star Bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 6 years
- Installed Fiddlerman Violin Strings (similar to Thomastik Dominants)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4 (Fractional sizes come with Prelude strings)
Fiddlerman Violin Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade Carbon Fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Case: Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case. Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders.
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Violin Bow
Shoulder Rest: Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest (1/8 and smaller sizes come with Muco SR-4 Violin Shoulder Rest)
Rosin: Fiddlerman Select Dark Rosin
Mute: Fiddlerman Rubber Practice Mute (not available for 1/2 and smaller sizes)
Cloth: Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
Tuner: Fiddlerman Digital Tuner AV10
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and revolutionizing the string instrument industry? We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford. Our founder Pierre Holstein (a.k.a. "Fiddlerman") works directly with makers in many different countries to produce only the best for our customers. With over 40 years as a professional violinist in orchestras around the world, he brings unmatched expertise in music and business to everything we do.
Every Fiddlerman violin is set up and tested in our workshop to make sure it passes our rigorous 10-point inspection. Our incredibly talented team is here to help answer any questions you have, and make sure your instrument arrives safely.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.