What does B-stock mean?
Every now and then we receive an instrument from our workshop with a visual imperfection. The instrument might have a small nick, scratch or a miss-coloration in the varnish. These visual issues do not affect the performance or playability of the instrument. However, we would never put these instruments into our regular inventory.
Just like every other Tower Strings instrument we sell, this instrument is set up by our talented luthiers and is covered by our warranties.
We have a limited stock of these instruments. Every instrument has a different imperfection
Fiddlerman Artist Viola Features
- Solid hand-carved, figured spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% Ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Hand-carved French Despiau bridge
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 7 years
- Strings - whichever strings sound better on the specific violin (most commonly Thomastik Dominant)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box!
Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments.
Fiddlerman Viola Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Case: Fiddlerman Quality Oblong Viola Case FC75 with Dark Gray Interior.
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow
Shoulder Rest: Muco Easy Model Viola Shoulder Rest (14” come with Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest)
Rosin: Holstein Premium Rosin
Cloth: Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
Tuner: Fiddlerman Digital Tuner AV10
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and revolutionizing the string instrument industry? We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford. Our founder Pierre Holstein (a.k.a. "Fiddlerman") works directly with makers in many different countries to produce only the best for our customers. With over 40 years as a professional violinist in orchestras around the world, he brings unmatched expertise in music and business to everything we do.
We buy our violas directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Every Fiddlerman viola is set up and tested in our workshop to make sure it passes our rigorous 10-point inspection. Our incredibly talented team is here to help answer any questions you have, and make sure your instrument arrives safely.
I was totally blown away with the artist with the B stock Artist Viola outfit. My first thought was how could something under a $1000 look and sound so good. I have been playing and teaching for over 30 years and I have played viola but did not have my own instrument. I listened to some of the recordings and made the purchase. I also purchased the hybrid viola bow; it is heavier at the tip but gets a better tone than the carbon fiber bow which is somewhat lighter; I just prefer the heavier bow and the resonance that it draws from the instrument is great. I love my new viola and happy that I bought my first viola!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.