What does B-stock mean?
Every now and then we receive an instrument from our workshop with a visual imperfection. The instrument might have a small nick, scratch or a miss-coloration in the varnish. These visual issues do not affect the performance or playability of the instrument. However, we would never put these instruments into our regular inventory.
Just like every other Fiddlerman instrument we sell, this instrument is set up by our talented luthiers and is covered by our warranties.
We have a limited stock of these instruments. Every instrument has a different imperfection
Fiddlerman Apprentice Viola Outfit
- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% Ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon tailpiece with 4x fine tuners
- Hand-carved French Despiau Viola Bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 5 years
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Strings - whichever strings sound better on the specific violin (most commonly D'Addario Prelude)
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box (just tune it, and play it!)
Fiddlerman Viola Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood and lower grade Pernambuco)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Case: Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case. Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders.
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow
Shoulder Rest: Muco Easy Model Viola Shoulder Rest (14” and smaller sizes come with Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest)
Rosin: Fiddlerman Select Dark Rosin
Cloth: Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
Tuner: Fiddlerman Digital Tuner AV10
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and revolutionizing the string instrument industry? We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford. Our founder Pierre Holstein (a.k.a. "Fiddlerman") works directly with makers in many different countries to produce only the best for our customers. With over 40 years as a professional violinist in orchestras around the world, he brings unmatched expertise in music and business to everything we do.
We buy our violas directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Every Fiddlerman viola is set up and tested in our workshop to make sure it passes our rigorous 10-point inspection. Our incredibly talented team is here to help answer any questions you have, and make sure your instrument arrives safely.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.