- Tonica strings have a core made from nylon.
- They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
- Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
- With substantially reduced background 'hiss', players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings.
- With a highly responsive left hand feel, Tonica strings remain very easy to play all the way up to the highest positions.
- Projection and brilliance have been upgraded.
- However, this excess does not mean that the Tonica has lost its warmth.
- Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
- All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
- Easy right hand articulation and tone attack.
- Due to their medium string tension Tonica strings are suitable for all instruments. Insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
- E-steel wound with aluminum – warmer sound
- D-aluminum – warmer sound
- 3/4 – 1/2
- 1/4 – 1/8
- 1/16 – 1/32
These Pirastros are great strings. Lively and bright with a great feel. The improved E string has a much better tone which blends with the other strings nicely. Great price and quick shipping too!
These strings are bright with great overtones, and sound much clearer on this particular violin I made than the slightly-used set of Dominants they replaced. For the price, they seem hard to beat.
Good sounding for tiny instrument
As a professional violinist in a major American orchestra I’ve been buying 4/4 size strings for decades. I like a good middle of the road, quality, old school string. When it came to buy a set of 1/16 strings for my sons 1/32 size Violin this was one of only a few options. They fit well, not too long, and sound warm and present.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.