- Tonica strings have a core made from nylon.
- They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
- Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
- With substantially reduced background 'hiss', players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings.
- With a highly responsive left hand feel, Tonica strings remain very easy to play all the way up to the highest positions.
- Projection and brilliance have been upgraded.
- However, this excess does not mean that the Tonica has lost its warmth.
- Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
- All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
- Easy right hand articulation and tone attack.
- Due to their medium string tension Tonica strings are suitable for all instruments. Insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
- E-steel wound with aluminum – warmer sound
- D-aluminum – warmer sound
- 3/4 – 1/2
- 1/4 – 1/8
- 1/16 – 1/32
These strings are bright with great overtones, and sound much clearer on this particular violin I made than the slightly-used set of Dominants they replaced. For the price, they seem hard to beat.
Good sounding for tiny instrument
As a professional violinist in a major American orchestra I’ve been buying 4/4 size strings for decades. I like a good middle of the road, quality, old school string. When it came to buy a set of 1/16 strings for my sons 1/32 size Violin this was one of only a few options. They fit well, not too long, and sound warm and present.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.