We are delighted to feature this gorgeous violin by award winning maker, Stefano Gibertoni. This violin is a replica of the famous "Ysaÿe" violin made in 1740 by Guarneri del Gesú.
The tone of this violin is simply to die for: Deep and round throughout, evenly balanced, perfect clarity, nimble response, and powerful projection.
- Belly: Split spruce from Val di Fiemme, medium and regular grain (fell 2014)
- Back: Balkan maple one piece, deep and narrow flame (fell 2012)
- Ribs: Same as back
- Scroll: Same as Back
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fittings: European boxwood with ebony accents, from" Bogero e Clemente"
- Total Length: 354mm
- Max width upper bouts: 166mm
- Minimum width of cc bouts: 115mm
- Max width of lower bouts: 205mm
- Quality Oblong Case
- Certificate of authenticity.
Prizes & Awards:
- 1° International Violin Making Competition, 2019, Italy, 1st prize, professional antique violin
- 2017, Malta, best sound, viola
- 2014, Moscow, silver, cello, viola, bronze, violin
- VSA, 2004, silver, violin tone
Learn more about Stefano Gibertoni here: https://gibertoniviolins.co.uk/about/
Set up an in-home trial, or visit us in person to play it.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.