- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- Musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility "to explore the remotest corners of sound".
- The sound is brilliant. Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut strings.
- The tone is rich and complex.
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%.
- The silver D-string is richer in overtones and has easier response than the gold-aluminum which is included in the set.
This is the medium set and contains the following strings:
- E- goldsteel medium, (select loop or ball)
- A- aluminum 13 1/2,
- D- gold-aluminum 16 3/4,
- G- gold-silver 15 3/4.
- D-silver is available in four gauges.
- "Stiff“: D- and G-strings have a darker and more powerful sound. Gauges Oliv A-, D- and G-strings are manufactured in up to five gauges in steps of 1/4 PM.
- The Oliv E-goldsteel string is available in soft/dünn (0.25mm), medium (0.26mm) and strong/stark (0.27mm).
- Oliv A-strings have a ball-end,
- D- and G-strings have a knot.
- The E-strings are available with ball or loop-end
- Oliv strings are available in 4/4.
The sound is awesome. The strings ring like no other. Only problem is the A string goes sharp to any temperature chnage. Other than goin out of tune a little the sound of the strings is clearly one of the best!
The sound of these strings is beautiful. I can’t play my violin without them!
Fiddlershop sent these to me quickly. I have always been pleased with their service and quality.
loud, harsh, not warm at all, squeaky
I tried this on a couple of very different violins, with different bows and rosins, including the recommended Evah/Oliv rosin, and I've had them two months so they should be broken in. I've compared them to Evah Pirazzi (which I like) and Tonica and Eudoxa (which I like, so it's not that I don't like gut strings) and Fiddlerman strings (which are a good bit better sounding). They are so bad, I'm about to take them off. Michael does not say what rosin he uses. They are very sensitive to rosin. Maybe that is part of the problem. A rosin without bite will just slide across them making an airy squeaking sound. A rosin with bite will sound very rough on the note attacks, and the tone ranges from piercing to hollow.
DONT BUY THESE STRINGs
I bought these set of strings and the were anwravaling and wore out, then a couple weeks later my G string snapped so I replaced it with a daddario zyex then it was just fine. These strings should be WAY CHEAPER, just sayin it’s not worth it plus they sound horrendously annoying.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.