Passione Cello Strings
- Passione A- and D-strings have a single filament steel core wound with chrome steel.
- The sheep gut core of the Passione strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand. The G-string is wound with chrome steel, the C-string with tungsten.
- Exceptionally full rounded and warm sound which is combined with a diverse spectrum of overtones.
- inspiring and noble sonority
- precise and clear tone up to the highest register
- enormous power
- excellent response
- harmonious transition from A- to D-string
- For G and C Strings, altering the gauge by 1/2 PM changes the tension by 4%.
- soft, medium and strong
- Passione steel core A- and D-strings are available in 4/4.
- Passione gut core G- and C-strings are available in 4/4 only
Special Features: Recommendation
The following string combinations are used by various professional cellists:
- Passione A medium, Passione D strong, Evah Pirazzi G strong, Evah Pirazzi Soloist C - round and powerful sound
- Passione A medium, Evah Pirazzi Soloist D, Evah Pirazzi G strong, Evah Pirazzi Soloist C - bright and powerful sound
Please note that changing the gauge of one string in a set affects the sound of the remaining three other strings.
I purchased this string along with the Passione Cello D String Chrome, and Pirastro Chromcore C and G. This Pirastro Passione Cello A String Chrome is wonderfully warm on my cello, but not muted so I cannot, as a student, hear the tone clear. This is part of what Pirastro uses for their student set. I love this A string. Fiddlershop’s service was, as always, exceptional. My assistance from Pirastro, when I contacted them for a recommendation based in what I told them I was looking for was spot on. Pirastro is also a favorite of mine. This was a win, win, win. Love the string, love Fiddlershop and love Pirastro.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.