- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- Musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility "to explore the remotest corners of sound".
- The sound is brilliant. Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut strings.
- The tone is rich and complex.
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%.
- The silver D-string is richer in overtones and has easier response than the gold-aluminum which is included in the set.
- D-silver is available in four gauges.
- "Stiff“: D- and G-strings have a darker and more powerful sound. Gauges Oliv A-, D- and G-strings are manufactured in up to five gauges in steps of 1/4 PM.
- The Oliv E-goldsteel string is available in soft/dünn (0.25mm), medium (0.26mm) and strong/stark (0.27mm).
- Oliv A-strings have a ball-end,
- D- and G-strings have a knot.
- The E-strings are available with ball or loop-end
- Oliv strings are available in 4/4.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.