Pirastro Obligato violin strings are based on an exclusive new core material, along with advances in manufacturing techniques, resulting in the true warmth and complex overtones of gut core strings with the stability and quick response of synthetic core strings. Obligato has also demonstrated quick break in time, exceptional projection, and unusual durability.
- Obligato strings have a core made from a modern synthetic multifilament fibre
- Obligato strings sound warm and full, yet have a brilliant, rich overtone spectrum and focused tone
- excellent playability and response throughout the entire dynamic range
- great tone volume
- excellent tuning stability
- absolutely insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
The standard 4/4 set contains these strings:
- E- Chromesteel (7.7kg / 16.97lb)
- A- Aluminum (5.4kg / 11.90lb)
- D- Silver (4.7kg / 10.36lb)
- G- Silver (4.5kg / 9.92lb)
- E-string: Goldsteel (8.0kg / 17.63lb)
- A-chrome steel (5.7kg / 12.56lb): impervious to hand perspiration, brighter sound than A-aluminum
- D-aluminum (4.3kg / 9.47lb): very warm sound
Strings are still settling , but the sound they give my late 19th cent violin are quite an improvement over the dominants I had been using.
Used these strings on my Fiddlerman Tower Entertainer violin, the sound was wonderful, rich and warm immediately. It stays in tune for days, (I live in a humid changeable climate), usually only needs tuning when the weather changes. I love these strings, I think they will always be my go-to strings because of the lovely sound.
Used on all my violins
Excellent, as have been all my Fiddlerman experiences to date. Price was comparable with other venders, and the ability to get the strings with options like loop-end E string is a big plus. Amazon and some other vendors don’t have those options. The Obligato strings impart a rich tone to my instruments and last a long time with daily playing. They stretch in quickly (within a few days) and stay in tune better than most strings I have used in the past.
Obligato violin strings
Alway great customer service and fast shipping. Just wish they sold a set that made me play better, lol. Thanks.
I've been using Obligato strings on all my violins for several years now. They break in quickly and last a long time. Best is the warm, rich sound they impart. The company recently stopped making the stark version, which I prefer, but the medium tension are OK and sound good. They are pricey, but in my opinion worth it.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.