- Obligato strings have a core made from a modern synthetic multifilament fibre.
- Obligato strings sound warm and full, yet have a brilliant, rich overtone spectrum and focused tone.
- excellent playability and response throughout the entire dynamic range
- great tone volume
- excellent tuning stability
- absolutely insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
- Loop End
- Ball End
- Goldsteel (GOLD-PLATED CHROME STEEL)
- Chromesteel (TIN-PLATED CARBON STEEL) Medium Gauge Only
Pirastro Obligato strings are based on an exclusive new core material, along with advances in manufacturing techniques, resulting in the true warmth and complex overtones of gut core strings with the stability and quick response of synthetic core strings. Obligato has also demonstrated quick break in time, exceptional projection, and unusual durability.
The Pirastro gold plated E is the best E string that I've tried. It gives a round, full, mellow but open sound. For some reason E strings have always sounded weaker and thinner or worse yet, strident and tinny to me, so that I've searched for the perfect one for some time. Country and western violin music has changed from the tinny stuff of the steel string era. C&W violin riffs played by ear go by so fast they don't give any chance for weak notes nor strident sound. Likewise, for chamber music and Old Time music the violin must balance throughout the piece and not have difficult high notes. Until I found Pirastro goldsteel I was always dissatisfied. So for me this E is worth the extra cost. I've played the Oliv goldsteel, Evah Pirazzi goldsteel and now for the first time this week the Obligato and they are right for me. The full Obligato set with goldsteel E and Chrome A sounds nearly as good as the Oliv set for chamber music and better for Old Time music on my violin. Evah Pirazzi set with its included goldsteel isn't my favorite for modern C&W but a goldsteel E can be added to a Tonica, Dominent or Vision set for that wonderful sound.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.