- Obligato strings have a core made from a modern synthetic multifilament fibre.
- Obligato strings sound warm and full, yet have a brilliant, rich overtone spectrum and focused tone.
- excellent playability and response throughout the entire dynamic range
- great tone volume
- excellent tuning stability
- absolutely insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
- A-chrome steel: impervious to hand perspiration
- The Chrome A has a brighter sound than A-Aluminum
One of my violins is a powerhouse, used before to play C&W concerts with local friends. One of its appeals is that lower registers are very powerful, making it great for seconding. It amps well, plays outstandingly with bright strings. But things have changed. This Covid year I don’t play on stage nor need to be amplified. When my previous strings came to the end of their lifespan I decided to change direction from the, trying Obligato strings for the first time Obligato strings have the goldsteel E which I love for all my instruments, rich sweet and warm D and G, with the chrome wound A really balancing well to equalize power. The chrome A gives rounded tones, open, warm, full of vigor, all that I could have asked for in this time of change.
I've been sold on the Obligato strings since I first tried them. Rich, full, darker color, which is exactly what I was looking for. The Obligatos do not disappoint. Great strings, wonderful tone. Quick shipping and the folks at FiddlerShop are great to work with.
I was recommended this string by my on line teacher Alison Sparrow. I had a very smooth ordering process and I think a great price. It has been a good purchase, it has held its tone and is very much easier to play with. I realized after I started use this string I did not need to place much Pressure on my A string to get good clear sound in tune.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.