Jan Pawlikowski Krakow Violin 2020. This instrument has a wonderfully powerful deep, and mellow tone, well balanced with a clear upper register and plays effortlessly.
We are delighted to feature this modern Polish violin maker for the first time here at Fiddlershop. Jan Pawlikowski has won numerous violin making awards including:
- First prize for cello making at the 1979 Zdzisław Schulc Violin Making Competition held in Poznań, Poland
- Special award granted for two violins by the Czech “Hudebni Nastroje” luthiers’ publishing house in the 1981 Zdzisław Schulc Violin Making Competition held in Poznań, Poland
- Finalist in viola making category at the 1982 “Antonio Stradivari” International Triennial Competition of Stringed Instruments in Cremona, Italy
- Bronze for violin making at the 1983 Violin Making Competition in Sofia, Bulgaria
- As a juror participated in numerous domestic and international luthiers’ competitions in Moscow, Russia; Hradec Kralove and Prague, the Czech Republic; Poznań, Poland.
- Quality Oblong Case
Even though this is not a Fiddlerman line instrument, this violin is still backed by our standard warranty and return policy, so you can shop with confidence.
It’s been a little bit more than a month playing this violin, and it’s starting to open up beautifully. It’s responsive, sweet in the high registry, but dark and mellow in the lower one. Tone is absolutely beautiful, and the Peter Infeld PI strings were a great selection for it. It’s been masterfully crafted by Jan, and every detail was taken care of. It’s a real privilege to play in this violin, and can’t wait to see what becomes of it as we travel through this journey together.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.