This is the Holstein Bench Guarneri del Gesu "Vieuxtemps." Our modern replica is modeled after one of the last violins built by Bartolomeo Giuseppe Guarneri which gained its name after being owned by the Belgian 19th century violinist Henri Vieuxtemps. The instrument was later used by Yehudi Menuhin, Itzhak Perlman, Pinchas Zukerman, and most recently Anne Akiko Meyers. This instrument has been refined by our head luthier Felix Manuel Perez Cuza, and this is currently the only instrument in this template we have, so this is the exact instrument you will be receiving upon purchase.
Holstein Bench Vieuxtemps Violin Specifications:
- Antiqued oil varnish or Italian style varnish
- Aged select Russian spruce and select maple sourced from high altitude forests (100+ year old wood, aged and dried 20+ years)
- Highest quality hill-style boxwood fittings (Antique varnish model) or ebony fittings (Modern Italian varnish model).
- Highest quality Ebony fingerboard
- Titanium fine tuner and tailpiece adjuster / gut
- Deluxe Aubert Mirecourt French-made bridge (or Despiau 3-tree)
- Strings depends on what we think works best with the specific violin
- Comes with a quality oblong case
The Holstein Bench Vieuxtemps Violin is setup by our Master Luthier and undergoes our famous 10-point inspection before it's tested and shipped.
Request an In-Home Trial
You can request this violin on an In-Home-Trial, or request a personal video. If you can't decide between two models, we can record and send a comparison video for you to pick and choose. Chat with us, send us an email, or give us a call (800-595-0592) for a professional consultation.
Wonderful instrument. Sound is amazing. Just as it was described to me. Love this fiddle!!! Connie Johnson
I’ve played many expensive Italian violins. Unfortunately I can’t afford them. I have to say that the violin by Fiddlershop plays just as well as they do and I can only imagine how much better it will sound with time. The lower register and the upper register is complex and rich. Fantastic violin!!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.