The Holstein Bench Cannone 1743 Violin is inspired by the "Il Cannone" violin made in 1743 by Guarneri Del Gesu. This violin is bench made (handmade by one master luthier).
The Holstein Bench Cannone 1743 Violin is set up by our Master Luthier and undergoes our famous 10-point inspection before it's tested and shipped.
Known as "Il Cannone" (the Canon) for the powerful and sonorous quality of its tone, it was the favorite instrument of Nicolò Paganini. Crafted by the renowned Cremonese violin maker Giuseppe Guarneri (known as del Gesù), this instrument is considered one of his masterpieces. The violin has distinct features that set it apart from modern instruments, including a slightly shorter and thicker sound box, and a markedly curved neck. Its tone is distinctly bright, yet full.
Holstein Bench Cannone 1743 Violin Specifications:
- Modern Italian style varnish
- Aged select European spruce and select maple sourced from high altitude forests (100+ year old wood, aged and dried 20+ years)
- Highest quality hill-style ebony fittings
- Highest quality Ebony fingerboard
- Titanium fine tuner and tailpiece adjuster / gut
- Hand-carved professional level Despiau 3-tree or Holstein Deluxe Bridge
- Strings depends on what we think works best with the specific violin
- Comes with a quality oblong case
Original "Il Cannone" Dimensions:Length of back: 35.4 cm
Upper bout: 16.8 cm
Middle bout: 11.1 cm
Lower bout: 20.7 cm
Still not convinced?
You can request this violin on an In-Home-Trial, or request a personal video. If you can't decide between two models, we can record and send a comparison video for you to pick and choose. Chat with us, send us an email, or give us a call (800-595-0592) for a professional consultation.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.