This Holstein violin is inspired by the "Il Cannone" violin made in 1743 by Guarneri Del Gesu.
The Paganini violin, known as "Il Cannone" (the Canon), because of the power and sonorous quality of its tone, was of all the instruments owned by Nicolò Paganini his favorite. Made by the renowned Cremona violin maker Guarneri (known as del Gesù) and considered one of his masterpieces, the violin has distinct features that set it apart from modern instruments, including a slightly shorter and thicker sound box, and a markedly curved neck. Its tone is distinctly bright, yet full.
* These violins are benchmade (made exclusively by one master Luthier)!
* Methodical production process with plate tuning technology.
* Antiqued Italian Oil Varnish
* Aged Select Russian Spruce and Select Maple sourced from high altitude forests (Aged 100+ years, dried 20+ years)
* Highest Quality Hill-style Boxwood fittings
* Highest Quality Ebony Fingerboard
* Titanium Fine Tuner and Tailpiece Adjuster / Gut
* Deluxe Aubert Mirecourt French-made Bridge (or Despiau 3-tree)
* Strings depends on what we think works best with the specific violin!
* Comes with a Quality Oblong Case
Every Holstein instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Original "Il Cannone" Dimensions
Length of back: 35.4 cm
Upper bout: 16.8 cm
Middle bout: 11.1 cm
Lower bout: 20.7 cm