The Fiddlerman OB1 Violin Review
How does the Fiddlerman OB1 compare with the Fiddlerman Apprentice?
The OB1 is possible because of the combination of great connections and strong buying power! The fact that we can offer a quality violin that will last for years with an advancing level outfit is truly AMAZING. It's not uncommon to find this level violin for $300-$600 at other violin shops, (and that is without a quality outfit). Each violin is tested and will arrive ready to play out of the box.
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid-carved spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon Tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved french Aubert or Teller bridge
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 4 years
- Installed D’Addario Prelude Strings (teacher preferred)
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4
- Strong, responsive, high-grade Carbon Fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
This outfit was really meant for higher level instruments, but we made it happen! You'll find a nice Oblong case, followed by our Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber bow, Shoulder Rest, and Rosin. Products that alone retail for over $200. We strive to offer this kind of quality outfit with every Fiddlerman violin we sell.
- One-year warranty on all accessories
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlershop/Fiddlerman Rosin
- Fiddlerman Wood violin Shoulder Rest (Muco 1/2 and below)
- Ultra Practice Mute (Not available for 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 or 1/16 size)
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth
- Carbon composite tailpiece with built-in fine tuners
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
OB1 Is Awesome
Been playing guitar since I was 12, now 60+ thought it was high time I learn something new. I did a lot of research and read many review on numerous fiddles. There was a common thread that everyone seemed very please with a violin from Fiddlerman. I am now one of those happy customers. Learning is a process and I am just at the beginning. My 8 year old Granddaughter has been taking guitar lesson for two years, recently through her school she is taking violin lessons. Will be buying her a violin for Christmas, guess where.
Even the music teacher loved it!! Need I say more :)
I ordered the OB1 outfit on a Monday night and received it Thursday afternoon. Fast shipping and excellent communication. The violin is ready to go out of the box and sounds great! I have been playing for 2 months. The accessories are high quality. This is a great outfit. It is high quality at value prices. I will definitely recommend the Fiddler Shop and will do business with them again in the future. I give them a million stars!
I love the craftsmanship and the tone of this fiddle. I am very satisfied with the purchase and the company is amazing.
This is a great budget violin. I had never played a violin before purchasing my OB1 outfit, and felt a bit anxious about buying something without being able to see or hear it first. However, when I got the violin, I knew I made the right choice. I play the mandolin, and so I was able to start shakily playing some tunes on the OB1 right away. Highly recommended!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.