Fiddlerman Concert Violin Review
How does the Apprentice compare with the Concert?
How does the Concert compare with the Artist?
Big, bold sounding, great "hand feel", precisely-functioning components and an inspiring look! Carefully selected aged tonewood with real ebony fittings and careful hand-varnishing brings out the natural beauty of the wood and the tone. Fine balance and powerful projection are enhanced by our own Fiddlerman Violin strings!
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid hand-carved, beautifully figured spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon composite tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved Despiau Violin Bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 6 years
- Installed Fiddlerman Violin Strings (similar to Thomastik Dominants)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4 (Fractional sizes come with Prelude strings)
Fiddlerman Violin Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade Carbon Fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high quality violin suspension case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlershop/Fiddlerman Rosin
- Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest
- Ultra Practice Mute (Not Available for 1/2 and 1/4 size)
- Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
- Carbon composite tailpiece with built-in fine tuners
**One-year warranty on all accessories
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
I am a 72 year old man who hasn't played the violin in over 30 years. After much research, I chose the Fiddlerman Concert Violin Outfit. It was everything and more than I expected. The sound and tone are amazing. It came shipped to me in perfect condition. I am playing the violin again better than ever before. Thank you Fiddlershop. In my opinion you are the best.
I played violin for 7 years in school, and my 11-year-old daughter picked it as her instrument as well. I had one I received as a gift that I used after high school for a bit that was what they call a violin-shaped object...it doesn't sound right, is nearly impossible to tune and keep in tune, and it is very difficult to play, even for me. I felt bad my daughter was learning on it, but didn't want to make an investment if she wasn't going to stick with it. She hung on for a year and we also need to hear her play in virtual class ( ) so I decided it was time to get her the real deal. After tons of research, I decided on the Fiddlerman Concert. It sounds as rich as many $1-2k violins for a fraction of the cost. Fiddlershop delivered great customer service and the unboxing was a dream, and it sounds so incredible. My daughter even said "So THIS is what it is supposed to sound like?!" Hahaha! I ordered their fret stickers and they even put those on before they shipped it. I can't tell you how happy I am with this instrument! I want to pick violin back up myself now, so maybe we will share!
The quality and service was top notch. Thank you very much for my new investment.
It came with much care and has a beautiful sound. Just had to rosin the bow for 20 minutes before I could get started. Worth the price, valuable asset.
Fiddlershop is a hundred percent trustworthy company with great violins and great cellos, excellent service and an absolute hassle free purchasing experience. Period. We bought first the Fiddlerman Concert violin outfit and later a cello from Fiddlershop then two pernambuco bows and several other items. Never has there been any problems, and whenever something came up they immediately resolved everything with no questions asked. Plus, every call to FiddlerShop was responded by a very knowledgeable and experienced person who absolutely knew what they were talking about giving great and unbiased advice. Additionally, they provide great learning resources in form of hours and hours of videos and blogs (including for items such as a tuning fork for $5.99!). Please feel free to ask us about our detailed experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.