Emil & Dariel Review of the Apprentice Cello
Apprentice Cello Features
- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tonewoods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon tailpiece with 4 fine tuners
- High quality maple bridge
- European spruce soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish
- Wood dried a minimum of 5 years
- Installed D'Addario Prelude Strings
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME (National Association for Music Education) students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The cello will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4
Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Cello Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Standard Outfit Includes
- Hard Canvas Cello Case
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Cello Bow
- Holstein Premium Rosin
- Fiddlerman Digital Tuner
- Endpin Stop
- Rubber Mute
**Due to the high risk of damage we are unfortunately unable to ship cellos internationally and must charge for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii. Please contact us for details before placing your order.**
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates all our instruments, and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. Each Fiddlerman cello is set up by our talented luthiers in our Florida workshop.
I was extremely hesitant to purchase an instrument online but decided it was worth a try because of the free return policy! I researched numerous cellos for months before deciding on this one. My son had only been playing a year so this was a scary and expensive investment but seeing him completely light up when he started to play it made it all worth it! The sound is beautiful, the instrument itself is gorgeous and the bow and case complete the package! There are few sounds as wonderful as a cello and this one doesn't even sound bad when he messes up! I was completely satisfied with the information provided and the service available.
Amazing! Kind, helpful, professional. We are new to the cello. We found the web sight very helpful. My 15 year daughter spent her hard earned money on the instrument of her dreams. She had her first lesson and is very happy with the cello.
Musically, this instrument is great. Comes with decent mid level strings, a fantastic bridge that is shaped very well, an excellently shaped fingerboard and nut. The setup is pretty nice. However, the varnish and craftsmanship leaves a bit to be desired from a varnish standpoint. On the scroll there is drippings of dried and cured varnish from hasty and overly applied varnish. The pegbox has a similar appearance on one side. On the top plate, there are a few teeny tiny dings scatterd about. I think maybe I just got a "seasoned" one. I'm still a repeat customer and have purchased from them some things before and always had great products and service.
Absolutely perfect! The package was so very carefully wrapped, nothing could have damaged it! My cello is beautiful and souds wonderful. The bow is also premium quality. All and all, very happy customer. Thanks
This is a truly beautiful cello! I love the matte finish and warm earthy color. I am glad I purchased with Fiddlershop and appreciate their inspection before sending so that no setup is needed on delivery. The instrument came well tuned and ready to play right away. The case is also a really nice quality.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.