- The A- and D-strings have a core made from a single filament of high-tensile steel and are wound with chrome steel. The G- and C-strings have a rope core wound with tungsten.
- The A- and D-strings offer great brilliance combined with a warm core sound. The transition from the D- to the G-string is smooth, whereas the G-string offers even more depth and a greater sound volume. The C-string has a powerful open sound, vibrates freely and offers enormous possibilities.
- The whole set offers great brilliance based on a warm core sound.
- These strings offer excellent responsiveness and control ability across the whole dynamic range, from pianissimo to fortissimo.
- The different design of the three gauges results in distinctive sound differences:
- exceptional tuning stability and immediate playability
- suitable also for electric or electrically-amplified cellos
Evah Pirazzi strings are available in 4/4 and 3/4–1/2 size.
The string set for the 3/4–1/2 instruments has been constructed on the same basis and from the same materials as the Evah Pirazzi 4/4 strings. As a result of their smaller diameter, they are light and pleasing to play. They have a wonderful set harmony, are long-lasting, and are offered at an attractive price.
- soft: warmer sounding strings than medium gauge
- medium: brilliant sound based on a warm core sound
- strong: considerable volume and brighter sound than medium gauge
Special Feature: Recommendation:
The following string combinations are used by various professional cellists:
- Passione A medium, Passione D strong, Evah Pirazzi G strong, Evah Pirazzi Soloist C - round and powerful sound
- Passione A medium, Evah Pirazzi Soloist D, Evah Pirazzi G strong, Evah Pirazzi Soloist C - bright and powerful sound
Please note that changing the gauge of one string in a set affects the sound of the remaining three other strings.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.