Kaplan Viola strings offer professional-level players a full range of options designed to meet their exacting needs: two synthetic core sets, Kaplan Amo and Kaplan Vivo, and our existing stranded-steel core set, renamed Kaplan Forza. Kaplan Amo provides warmth, richness, and flexibility for brighter instruments, while Kaplan Vivo delivers brilliance, clarity, and a robust feel for darker instruments. Both sets settle quickly, exhibiting a rich tonal color palette and superb bow response. Kaplan Forza, the stranded-steel core set, provides an even higher level of clarity and tonal focus, and quicker bow response and settling time.
Sized to fit long-scale viola (body length 16-16 1/2 inches) with a playing length of 15 inches (380mm), these medium tension strings are optimized to the needs of a majority of players. Packaged in uniquely-designed sealed pouches providing unparalleled protection from the elements that cause corrosion.
- Long-scale viola (body length 16-16 1/2 inches) with a playing length of 15 inches (380mm)
- Medium tension
- Kaplan Vivo delivers brilliance, clarity, and a robust feel for darker instruments
- Synthetic core produces a rich, powerful tone
- Short break-in time and excellent bow response provides superb playability
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry
A String: Aluminum-titanium wound over a steel core, Ball End
D String: Silver wound over a synthetic core
G String: Silver wound over a synthetic core
C String: Tungsten-silver wound over a synthetic core
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.