- The Chorda A- and D-strings are of plain sheep gut. The G- and C-strings are wound with a silver-plated copper wire and are unpolished.
- a brilliant and soft sound with enormous possibilities
- very low string tension,
- comfortable left hand feeling
- designed for 440 Hz tuning
- For 415 Hz tuning, please use "strong" gauge.
- Altering the PM gauge by 1/2 PM changes the tension by 4%.
- authentic strings for baroque instruments
The medium set contains the following strings:
- A plain gut 21
- D plain gut 29
- G silver-plated copper wire 27 1/2
- C silver-plated copper wire 36
G- and C-strings are also available wound with a plain copper wire. They are also unpolished. They sound darker in comparison to the standard G- and C-strings.
Chorda strings are manufactured in three gauges in steps of 1/2 PM.
- A- and D-strings come without knot.
- G- and C-strings come with knot.
Chorda strings are available in 4/4.
I love this for the A string, I needed something that would match the other strings better, and it does. It's warm and clear, and has a beautiful sound. It takes time (a few days plus) to settle in and sound well, and the more I play it the better it sounds. The best part is how silky and soft it is on the fingers. I can play up and down the A string all day and my fingers won't hurt! Glissando bliss. It's my first experience with a gut string, and I love it.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.