* Extremely versatile with adjustable height, width and curve for a precise fit and optimal comfort
* Promotes hands-free stability for easy shifting and vibrato
* Capable to obtain the exact contour of the player's shoulder
* The foam padding is highly resistant to everyday wear and tear
* Ergonomically friendly by relieving tension through the neck and shoulders
* To get the most of your rest, make sure the pads touch as much of your chest & shoulder as possible leaving no gaps
* Left handed player friendly
German designed and German made
I have a 16.5 viola and have struggled to find a shoulder rest that will actually accommodate my instrument. This one? It fits perfectly and has let me get back in to my practice without having to constantly re-fit or re-align the shoulder rest.
It's a bit tricky to find the right setting because there are so many ways to tweak, but once I found it, it fits perfectly. Grips very securely. Great service and fast shipping as usual from Fiddlershop. Thanks!
I bought this for my 15 1/2" viola. I really need a little more support than from the other shoulder rests. I have one for my violin already. I love for my viola. It gives me a lot more support and feeling of being secure with the hold, without actually being chained to it, so to speak. On my violin, after I got more comfortable holding, the Bin Musica seemed to restrain me too much. I think with the viola being heavier and larger, I may be using this permanently. I really like it better on my viola. It feels like part of the viola with me. Now, remember, what one person likes in a shoulder rest or chin rest, someone else might not. That does not mean the product is not good. This is a good product. The customer service with Fiddlershop was perfect.
Good shoulder rest but if you have a Tertis model viola, make sure you get measurements of the lower bout before choosing a shoulder rest size. I bought the shoulder rest based on the viola size (16") and even at the widest setting, I couldn't get it to fit. I suppose I should've known better. I am using it with my 15.5" teaching viola with a narrower lower bout and it works just fine.
This shoulder rest is great! I am a fairly tall person. This rest gives me the support that I need so I don’t have to use my left hand to support the instrument. Almost perfect.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.