Fiddlerman Artist Violin Review
How does the Artist compare with the Concert?
How does the Artist compare with the Master?
What does B-stock mean?
Every now and then we receive an instrument from our workshop with a visual imperfection. The instrument might have a small nick, scratch or a miss-coloration in the varnish. These visual issues do not affect the performance or playability of the instrument. However, we would never put these instruments into our regular inventory.
Just like every other Fiddlerman instrument we sell, this instrument is set up to perfection by our talented luthiers and is covered by our lifetime structural warranty.
We have a limited stock of these instruments. Every instrument has a different imperfection. Please find attached pictures for examples of these visual flaws.
Artist Violin Features
- Solid hand-carved, figured spruce and maple tonewoods
- 100% Ebony fingerboard & pegs
- Carbon composite tailpiece
- Hand-carved German Teller bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 7 years
- Strings - Whichever strings sound better on the specific violin (most commonly D'Addario Kaplan Amo or Zyex strings for the Artist violins)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
Case: Sturdy lightweight gray/black suspension moon-shaped case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage, YKK zippers, two bow holders (only 4/4), Hygrometer
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horsehair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
Rosin: Holstein Premium Violin Rosin
Shoulder Rest: Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest (Muco for fractional sizes)
Ultra Practice Mute (Not Available for 1/2 and 1/4 size)
Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
One-year warranty on all accessories
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
I was looking for a beginner violin that would sound good, not be hard to tune but also allow me to progress a few years or longer before upgrading. This violin has exceeded my expectations - it sounds amazing on all strings and projects quite well. The sound is better than in the online videos, especially the E string.Tuning has been easier than I expected and the pegs move smoothly. The fit and finish is quite good. The case and accessories are all very good. I really like the rosin that came with this violin. The Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber bow is nicely balanced, easy to hold and plays with very little effort. The Fiddlershop staff were all very responsive and helpful. Thanks Fiddlershop!
Couldn’t have asked for more. Was treated with respect and care. All my questions were addressed and my artist series violin arrived in perfect condition. Would highly recommend this company and their products!
About instrument: I've been playing this instrument for about a month now. I must say I like it better and better every time I play it. About customer service: Amazing! I was worried about buying a violin online, but Clare was very helpful, and it was delivered very safely. I could tell they were thoughtful about the packaging.
Arrived quickly and sounds amazing! Love it
Wow, incredible sound. But even more important, incredible service. I am already researching which pro-grade violin I will buy this fall because of their awesome service and care.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.