Pirastro Passione Violin String Set
- Finely wound and polished, handmade gut strings
- Passione strings possess a fascinating diversity of sounds, which allows musicians to alter their tone as desired
- Powerful sound
- Very easy response
- Significantly increased tuning stability vs. traditional gut core strings
- Reduced playing-in time
- Available in 4/4 size
- Alternate gauges available as individual strings
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%
Medium Set Includes
- E- Silvery Steel .26mm, (Loop or Ball end)
- A- Aluminum 13.50 gauge, ball end
- D- Silver 13.50 gauge, ball end
- G- Silver 16.50 gauge, ball end
The length of colored silk at the peg end of the Passione G-string is different than the length of the A- and D- strings. This has been done intentionally and is part of the construction of the G-string.
The special length of the G-string’s color winding at the peg end prevents the string from breaking in the peg box. At the latest after two to three days the stretching process will be finalized. As a result the silk winding will no longer reach over the nut.
Pirastro has made numerous tests with this special G on various violins all differing in size and the string has always fit. On some violins it takes longer, with other violins the string even fits from the beginning.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.