Pirastro Passione Violin String Set
- Finely wound and polished, handmade gut strings
- Passione strings possess a fascinating diversity of sounds, which allows musicians to alter their tone as desired
- Powerful sound
- Very easy response
- Significantly increased tuning stability vs. traditional gut core strings
- Reduced playing-in time
- Available in 4/4 size
- Alternate gauges available as individual strings
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%
Medium Set Includes
- E- Silvery Steel .26mm, (Loop or Ball end)
- A- Aluminum 13.50 gauge, ball end
- D- Silver 13.50 gauge, ball end
- G- Silver 16.50 gauge, ball end
The length of colored silk at the peg end of the Passione G-string is different than the length of the A- and D- strings. This has been done intentionally and is part of the construction of the G-string.
The special length of the G-string’s color winding at the peg end prevents the string from breaking in the peg box. At the latest after two to three days the stretching process will be finalized. As a result the silk winding will no longer reach over the nut.
Pirastro has made numerous tests with this special G on various violins all differing in size and the string has always fit. On some violins it takes longer, with other violins the string even fits from the beginning.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.