Ths Holstein Bench violin is inspired by the original Guarneri 'Del Gesu' 'Lord Wilton' violin made in 1742. This instrument is bench made, which means that it was made individually by one master luthier from start to finish.
Considered a masterpiece, the 1742 Lord Wilton (sometimes called the ex-Yehudi Menuhin) was named after Seymour Egerton, 4th Earl of Wilton, a musician, associate of Arthur Sullivan, and 19th-century owner of the instrument. The Lord Wilton was constructed during del Gesu's later years. This instrument was later in the possession of the great violinist Yehudi Menuhin and would become his favorite violin to play in public. A letter from Menuhin in 1974 tells how he preferred the tone of his Guarneri over that of his Stradivari violin.
Holstein Bench Lord Wilton Violin Specifications:
- Modern Italian style varnish
- Aged select spruce maple sourced from high altitude forests (100+ year old wood, aged and dried 20+ years)
- Highest quality ebony fittings - Hill-style pegs & French tailpiece
- Ebony Guarneri style chinrest
- Highest quality Ebony fingerboard
- Hand-carved professional level Holstein Deluxe Bridge
- Strings depends on what we think works best with the specific violin
- Comes with a quality oblong case
Still not convinced?
You can request this violin on an In-Home-Trial, or request a personal video. If you can't decide between two models, we can record and send a comparison video for you to pick and choose. Chat with us, send us an email, or give us a call (800-595-0592) for a professional consultation.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.