All our Holstein violins are faithful reproductions to their famous originals. For our bench-made line in this price point, they share many of the same features, but are unique in their appearance as a single luthier puts an immense amount of work in modeling and carving the same shape as its original. From scroll, down to the f-holes and the highest level craftsmanship in varnish work antiquing.
This is a replica of the original Amati violin made in 1666. Though nearly all of his instruments show unsurpassed attention to precision and detail, Nicolò Amati's violins followed a relatively small pattern, with a big belly (high arch rising nearly to a ridge in the center of both the front and back of the instrument). Players tend to like this particular pattern for its warm sounds, making it suitable for chamber music.
Holstein Bench Amati 1666 Violin Specifications:
- Modern Italian style varnish
- Aged select European spruce and select maple sourced from high altitude forests (100+ year old wood, aged and dried 20+ years)
- Highest quality ebony fittings - Hill-style pegs and French tailpiece
- Highest quality Ebony fingerboard
- Hand-carved professional level Holstein Deluxe Bridge
- Strings depends on what we think works best with the specific violin
- Comes with a quality oblong case
Still not convinced?
You can request this violin on an In-Home-Trial, or request a personal video. If you can't decide between two models, we can record and send a comparison video for you to pick and choose. Chat with us, send us an email, or give us a call (800-595-0592) for a professional consultation.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.