Fiddlerman Apprentice Violin Reviews
How does the Fiddlerman OB1 compare with the Fiddlerman Apprentice?
How does the Fiddlerman Apprentice compare with the Fiddlerman Concert?
- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% Ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon tailpiece with 4x fine tuners
- Hand-carved French Despiau bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 5 years
- Installed Fiddlerman Violin Strings (Fiddlershop recommended)
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
This outfit was really meant for higher level instruments, but we made it happen! You'll find a nice oblong case, followed by our Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Bow, shoulder rest, and rosin. Products that alone retail for over $200. We strive to offer this kind of quality outfit with every Fiddlerman violin we sell.
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Violin Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlerman wood violin shoulder rest
- Fiddlerman Rosin
- Ultra Practice Mute (not available for 1/2 and smaller sizes)
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth
- One-year warranty on all accessories - Lifetime Structural Warranty
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
The bundle has everything I needed! I am taking lessons on line and this violin so simple to learn on. The sound is fantastic. Plus it’s beautiful. I definitely recommend for an adult beginner like me.
Been playing this violin for weeks & love the sound of it!! The violin i had when i was a teenager was just a cheap one that didnt sound so good. Wanted to get a "real" violin this time & it's definitely more enjoyable & easier to play.
My niece and I purchased this as a gift for her best friends daughter who is eager to learn violin. Based on my excellent past experience with Fiddlershop’s products and customer service and after discussing the matter with Christine, we decided on the Fiddlerman “Apprentice” violin outfit in ½ size. The violin arrived after just a week and I couldn’t resist trying it out myself before moving it on to its new home. I have to say, I’m really impressed by this cute little fiddle. The workmanship is quite tidy for an entry level instrument, the varnish is neatly applied and the wood has very attractive figuring on the sides and back (I’d call it considerably more than “slightly figured”-although I suppose that’s “luck of the draw”). After some minor tuning (easily done thanks to Fiddlershop’s careful attention to setup) and applying the included rosin to the carbon fiber bow, I tried playing it. Given that it’s a ½ size violin, it actually sounds pretty nice, a bit boxy, but with some nice ringtones, especially on the G and D strings. Of course, it’s a bit cramped for my adult sized fingers, but should be just perfect for its intended recipient. The included accessories are very nice, too. The ½ size case and carbon fiber bow are excellent quality, and there’s even a miniature wooden shoulder rest and a practice mute and polishing cloth. There’s everything you need to get started except a tuner and everything is top quality. I’m sure she’s going to love it. Another win for Fiddlershop!
I'm in the process of learning how to play the violin and Apprentice has been phenomenal first violin! It sounds beautiful and works great!
We bought this for our granddaughter and couldn’t be more pleased. She still had her rental fiddle and when she played them back to back. The Fiddle Shop one had an amazing rich tone compared to her old one. The case that it came with it is the BEST. Everyone asks her where she got it. This case holds everything. Thank for providing such an excellent product that is an outstanding value.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.