This is an exceptional replica of the original Guarneri Lord Wilton. It was named after Seymour Egerton, 4th Earl of Wilton, a musician, associate of Arthur Sullivan, and 19th century owner of the instrument. The violin was made famous by the celebrated violinist Yehudi Menuhin from 1978 to 1999.
Violins in this price range are typically made in larger assembly lines to reduce cost. Our workshop models however, are crafted entirely by the master luthier and a highly skilled assistant luthier.
- Italian oil varnish with exceptional antiquing
- Aged European spruce and 1-piece maple back, dried over 15 years
- Highest quality Hill-style Boxwood fittings
- Highest quality Ebony fingerboard (not dyed)
- Hand-carved professional level Despiau 3-tree or Holstein Deluxe Bridge
- String Setup: What we find works best with each violin specifically
Body Length 354mm
Upper Bout 168mm
Middle Bout 113mm
Lower Bout 207mm
Every Holstein instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.