- Real hand applied oil varnish
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 10 years
- Real quality ebony fittings and fingerboard
- Aubert Mirecourt french-made bridge
- Set up with our preferred Kaplan Amo Strings (or Zyex Strings - whichever sounds best on the particular violin)
Every Holstein instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
This is a modern replica of the the historic "Red Mendelssohn" Stradivarius violin crafted in 1720 by Antonio Stradivari in Cremona, Italy. The mysterious history of the instrument became the narrative for Francois Girard's beloved film, "The Red Violin." The violin surfaced in the 1930's Berlin after having been purchased by an heir to the great composer, Felix Mendelssohn and is currently played by the soloist Elizabeth Pitcairn.