- The A- and D-strings have a core made from a single filament of high-tensile steel and are wound with chrome steel. The G- and C-strings have a rope core wound with tungsten.
- The A- and D-strings offer great brilliance combined with a warm core sound. The transition from the D- to the G-string is smooth, whereas the G-string offers even more depth and a greater sound volume. The C-string has a powerful open sound, vibrates freely and offers enormous possibilities.
- The whole set offers great brilliance based on a warm core sound.
- These strings offer excellent responsiveness and control ability across the whole dynamic range, from pianissimo to fortissimo.
- The different design of the three gauges results in distinctive sound differences:
- exceptional tuning stability and immediate playability
- suitable also for electric or electrically-amplified cellos
Evah Pirazzi strings are available in 4/4 and 3/4–1/2 size.
The string set for the 3/4–1/2 instruments has been constructed on the same basis and from the same materials as the Evah Pirazzi 4/4 strings. As a result of their smaller diameter, they are light and pleasing to play. They have a wonderful set harmony, are long-lasting, and are offered at an attractive price.
- soft: warmer sounding strings than medium gauge
- medium: brilliant sound based on a warm core sound
- strong: considerable volume and brighter sound than medium gauge
Special Feature: Recommendation:
The following string combinations are used by various professional cellists:
- Passione A medium, Passione D strong, Evah Pirazzi G strong, Evah Pirazzi Soloist C - round and powerful sound
- Passione A medium, Evah Pirazzi Soloist D, Evah Pirazzi G strong, Evah Pirazzi Soloist C - bright and powerful sound
Please note that changing the gauge of one string in a set affects the sound of the remaining three other strings.
Until these EP Green strings in 3/4 size arrived, I’d been playing the gold standard cello combo: Larsons on top and Spirocores on the bottom. Unfortunately those only come in 4/4 size and they were more than a tad floppy on my 3/4 cello. So whether you’re an adult learner with small hands like me or the parent of a talented kid still playing a 3/4, this is a smart investment. The bonus is that the 3/4 - 1/2 size EPG strings are a bargain compared to all other 4/4 sized, top shelf strings. The overtones are beautiful, the upper strings are clear and ring way up the fingerboard. The lower strings are mellow but melodious and clean too… and they feel great under my fingers. Thanks, Suaima (the resident Fiddlershop luthier-cello player) for the recommendation :-)
I am reviewing the cello strings below: https://fiddlershop.com/products/evah-cello-set?variant=17854369595443 I had trouble getting a set of strings for a student cello that would make it sound as good as my better cello so I could play that cello once in a while without being bugged by the sound quality. These strings did the trick. My student cello has a wonderful sound now. Each string is giving quality sound and they are easy in my fingers. Different instruments can play better with different strings. For this student cello, which is quite nice, these strings greatly improved the sound and playing.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.