We're looking for an experienced individual to join our workshop and team of talented luthiers, instrument technicians, and makers. The ideal candidate for this position is a reliable self-starter who enjoys working with his/her hands. Woodworking, jewelry making, or other hands-on experience is a plus. The candidate will perform setups and repairs to violins, violas, cellos, and double basses.
Fiddlershop is one of the largest providers of bowed stringed instruments in America but is selling quality instruments all over the world. The workshop, warehouse, showroom, and office are located all together in Pompano Beach, Florida (about 30 min north of Miami).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform instrument setups by following Fiddlershop’s quality setup process
- Assist in instrument repair work done by an experienced luthier
- Perform efficient, thorough quality control inspection according to Fiddlershop specifications
- Reliable self-starter who enjoys working with his/her hands
- Fast learners with great attention to detail
- Experience playing a string instrument is preferred by not required
- Woodworking, jewelry making, or other hands-on experience is a plus
- Ability to think quickly and perform problem solving tasks, sometimes in uncertain conditions and without management assistance
- Professional, punctual personal time management
- Fluent in English is preferred
- Authorization to work in America (Green Card / DHS Authorization)
In addition to a positive work environment and training.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation & sick days
Fiddlershop is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Please note that this job specification is not intended to be a complete list of duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.