THE FIDDLERSHOP FAMILY
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates all violas and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violas directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman viola is set up in our workshop.
• Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
• Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
• Solid hand-carved, figured spruce and maple tone woods
• 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
• Hand-carved German Teller bridge
• Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
• Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 7 years
• Installed D’Addario Helicore Strings
• Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
• Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
• The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box
• Available in sizes: 14", 15", 15.5", 16", 16.5"
FIDDLERMAN VIOLA BOW FEATURES
• Strong, responsive, high-grade Carbon Fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
• Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
• Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
• Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
• One-year warranty on all accessories
• Sturdy light weight gray/black suspension moon-shaped case
• Case includes straps, music pocket, storage, YKK zippers, two bow holders, Hygrometer
• Holstein Premium Viola Rosin
• Muco or Everest Viola Shoulder Rest
• Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
• 4x Wittner Fine Tuners (removable)
THE FIDDLERSHOP FAMILY
- student viola
Having a great time with a wonderful viola!
Very playable and grand-sounding instrument. I'm a violin player of ten years, a musician of 60 years! So able to pick up the viola quickly. Just need some work on alto clef! Asking my many FB friends to help me with a name for the darling stringy thing!
Fiddlerman Artist Viola
I purchased this viola outfit for my daughter about a month ago. It has a bright and clear tone and overall is a very good instrument for intermediate level at an affordable price. I’m very satisfied with this purchase and thank you Fiddlershop.
A beautiful instrument with amazing sound, and a great value
I purchased this viola about a year ago to finally upgrade from my student viola and am very pleased with the decision. I was a bit hesitant to buy an instrument online and to not be able to play it first. Fiddlershop's videos of the instrument and the generally good reviews changed my mind. That and the price points of their instruments. I don't regret it. I fell in love with my new viola as soon as it arrived. The sounds coming from it were so much nicer than my old instrument- it actually made me feel like I had been playing a toy for all these years. The strings felt so nice. I had never played with a carbon fiber bow and fell in love with it instantly. My playing instantly sounded better. I really love this new viola and find myself playing more than I ever have because of it. My friend (another viola player) played it recently and was shocked when I told her how much I had paid for it. Her instrument cost 10x as much but the sound quality between the two instruments is comparable (even she admitted). One difference I noticed between the two instruments is how much lighter hers is- much lighter than I thought a viola could be- which isn't to say that this is a heavy viola. I find it to be very comfortable. There were a few minor hiccups along the way that required contacting customer support, and I was really pleased by the interaction and response. It made me feel good about future purchases with Fiddlershop and about recommending them to others. The case is also really nice and very functional. I got caught in a rainstorm on my way home from a recent orchestra practice and the instrument was protected well. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and would do it all over again. I've owned a number of different musical instruments over the years and this is by far the nicest one I've ever owned.
I am a violinist and have decided to try viola as a second instrument. I purchased this outfit and fell in love with the beautiful tone and appearance immediately. My viola playing friends were raving about the sound and comfort of this viola. I did switch the A string to one of higher quality and will buy a better bow. The bow that is sold with this outfit is fine for a beginner. My friend played this viola with his fine viola bow however, and it sounded even more amazing. All in all, I am extremely pleased and am in danger of neglecting my violin.
This is my
This is my first bow-stringed instrument purchase, and I have never played any bow-stringed instrument before. I am a beginning-beginner! I chose the Viola for I favor the lower sounds the Viola can create. The staff support and knowledge is first rate, and I thank them for helping me in my selection of choice, the Artist Viola. I have been involved in professional music for 30+ years, and have developed an ear for quality in sound.In playing the Artist Viola, I can hear this instrument has very nice, high quality notes.The Artist Viola is very responsive, and in learning to play simple notes, the sound is really nice! For the price range, I believe this is a really nice viola and can not be beat! Bravo Pierre, Bravo!D.M.