- Obligato strings have a core made from a modern synthetic multifilament fibre.
- Obligato strings sound warm and full, yet have a brilliant, rich overtone spectrum and focused tone.
- excellent playability and response throughout the entire dynamic range
- great tone volume
- excellent tuning stability
- absolutely insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
The standard set contains the following strings:
- E - Chromesteel, A - Aluminum, D and G - Silver.
The upgraded set contains:
- E - Goldsteel, A - Aluminum, D and G - Silver
- E-strings: Chromesteel or Goldsteel
- A-chrome steel: impervious to hand perspiration, brighter sound than A-aluminum
- D-aluminum: very warm sound
- Soft (weich)
- Strong (stark)
Pirastro Obligato strings are based on an exclusive new core material, along with advances in manufacturing techniques, resulting in the true warmth and complex overtones of gut core strings with the stability and quick response of synthetic core strings. Obligato has also demonstrated quick break in time, exceptional projection, and unusual durability.
I love these Strings!
I love these Obligato Violin Strings! They have really brought out such a wonderful tone, on my Violin. I have been looking for the right Strings, for this Violin, for a while...and these are the ones! Warm and rich tone, and easy playability! Of course, Fiddlershop provided excellent service and fast delivery! You will always be happy, dealing with Fiddlershop!
A little disappointed
I was expecting great things from these strings, given the other reviews and raves elsewhere. I must say I am not too impressed. The strings took a while to settle in, which I expected for synthetic. The E is too harsh, and the G string almost immediately began to unwind from the nut upward to the peg, and will have to be replaced soon before it breaks. I give these strings a C+.
Really love these strings on my Fiddlerman Concert Violin! Produces a nice warm tone and is exactly what I was looking for! I love the E string and have rarely needed to make any tuning adjustments to the E. Also the rest of the strings settled within a few days and I really haven't had to make many adjustments when tuning. Very happy with my purchase as always!
I waited a few days before writing this review, and after the string settled in, I am hearing much more grip and warmth coming from the instrument. The string indeed does have a complex tone, but is no way muddy or dull. It fit really well with my new bow, and the Holstein Premium Rosin. Definitely buying again, it's a great match with my violin.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.