This pre-owned Holstein Workshop Lord Wilton violin was damaged during shipping, resulting in a crack in the top which is somewhat visible. The repair was done the proper way - by removing the top, gluing the crack, and adding reinforcements to the area.
This is an exceptional replica of the original Guarneri Lord Wilton. It was named after Seymour Egerton, 4th Earl of Wilton, a musician, associate of Arthur Sullivan, and 19th century owner of the instrument. The violin was made famous by the celebrated violinist Yehudi Menuhin from 1978 to 1999.
Violins in this price range are typically made in larger assembly lines to reduce cost. Our workshop models however, are crafted entirely by the master luthier and a highly skilled assistant luthier.
- Italian oil varnish with exceptional antiquing
- Aged European spruce and 1-piece maple back, dried over 15 years
- Highest quality Hill-style Boxwood fittings
- Highest quality Ebony fingerboard (not dyed)
- Hand-carved professional level Holstein Deluxe Bridge
- Thomastik Dominant strings
Every Holstein instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.