This previously owned viola is from 2020 and is in good condition, with a few marks in the varnish typical of used instruments. The viola and case are used but will come with a new bow and accessories.
An advanced level viola with a deep appealing sound, responsive playability and inspiring looks. Big, bold sounding, great "hand feel" and precisely-functioning components! Carefully selected aged flamed tonewoods with real ebony fittings and careful hand-varnishing brings out the natural beauty of the wood and the tone.
- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tonewoods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Composite tailpiece with 4 fine tuners
- Hand-carved Despiau 3-star bridge
- European spruce soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable finish
- Wood dried a minimum of 6 years
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME (National Association for Music Education) students
- Strings - Thomastik Dominant with Larsen A-string
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The viola will arrive ready to play out of the box!
Case: Sturdy high-quality oblong viola case with forest green interior. Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four bow holders.
Bow: Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow
Shoulder Rest: Muco Easy Model Viola Shoulder Rest
Rosin: Fiddlerman Select Dark Rosin
Cloth: Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
Tuner: Fiddlerman Digital Tuner AV10
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the instruments and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. Each Fiddlerman viola is set up in our workshop.
Fiddlershop is a small family-owned business located in South Florida. Since 2012 we have been serving the string community with quality instruments and accessories. We believe that music and instruments should be accessible to everyone at a price they can afford.