Click Image for Gallery
This Holstein violin is a replica of the original Guarneri Del Gesu violin made in 1740, but with an improved one piece back.
The quality and dimensions of the wood are copied from the original (as well as the varnish), to achieve the same tonal qualities of the priceless Guarneri from 1740. The original was played by Ferdinand David, and in 1922, Jascha Heifetz aquired the violin. He played this violin, his favorite violin, for 65 years!
* These violins are benchmade (made exclusively by one master Luthier)!
* Methodical production process with plate tuning technology.
* Antiqued Italian Oil Varnish
* Aged Chinese Spruce and Select Chinese Maple sourced from high altitude forests, dried +20 years
* Highest Quality Hill-style Boxwood fittings
* Highest Quality Ebony Fingerboard (not dyed)
* Deluxe Aubert Mirecourt French-made Bridge
* Setup with Kaplan Ammo Strings ( use comment section during checkout for any string preference)
* Comes with a Quality Oblong Case
Every Holstein instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
Holstein David 1740 Violin