Fiddlerman Concert Violin Review
How does the Apprentice compare with the Concert?
How does the Concert compare with the Artist?
Big, bold sounding, great "hand feel", precisely-functioning components and an inspiring look! Carefully selected aged tonewood with real ebony fittings and careful hand-varnishing brings out the natural beauty of the wood and the tone. Fine balance and powerful projection are enhanced by our own Fiddlerman Violin strings!
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid hand-carved, beautifully figured spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon composite tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved Despiau Violin Bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 6 years
- Installed Fiddlerman Violin Strings (similar to Thomastik Dominants)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4 (Fractional sizes come with Prelude strings)
Fiddlerman Violin Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade Carbon Fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high quality violin suspension case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlershop/Fiddlerman Rosin
- Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest
- Ultra Practice Mute (Not Available for 1/2 and 1/4 size)
- Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
- Carbon composite tailpiece with built-in fine tuners
**One-year warranty on all accessories
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
This is exactly what I was hoping for as a beginner! The rosin and bow are a bonus. I have bought outfits from other shops in the past and the violins were decent and the bow and rosin were laughable, but Fiddlerman puts their heart into it! I'm using this until I get more advanced to eventually buy the Sololist Violin. You cannot go wrong with the Concert Outfit! Happy shopping and don't forget to PRACTICE! :)
I'm Gary, a former Green Beret Chief Warrant Officer. I've been a guitarist for 25 years and have written some songs that would sound good on the violin of which has inspired me to learn. I became quarantined beginning last April and bought a very cheap violin and went through 2 months of often tedious self-instruction, but finally began to play songs like Ashokan Farewell, Song From a Secret Garden, ETC. I suddenly realized that my very beginner violin was not adequate to continue so began shopping to find a violin to match the songs that I was playing. I found you online and after reading many reviews I decided to purchase the Fiddlerman Concert Violin Outfit. I was so pleased playing my assortment of songs and after receiving it just over 3 weeks ago I've been deeply emerged in learning Sad Romance and your violin was a contributing factor. I appreciate your professionalism and look forward in the far future to buying a Ming Jiang Zhu 903 from you. Respectfully, Gary
This is the closest I've come to learning music and a violin to start with. I searched across for a begin point and glad the expedition led me here. I was worried there would be some damage over the delivery across continents, but glad the delivery was perfect. I had a hard begin, didn't even know how much rosin I needed to apply. I've picked up well and I love every bit of this violin. Definitely worth the search and the wait. Looking forward to exciting times.
I purchased the concert violin (1/4) as a birthday present for my 5 year old and we both are in love. The quality is awesome! And the sound? Beautiful. After having my son practice with a waaay inferior violin, my ears thank me and the company. Customer service was extremely prompt and super helpful. I am excited to continue to purchase from here for years to come!
I thought about this purchase for a long time before making the decision, and I am so glad that I bought this violin. I have been playing the instrument almost every day for the past month that I have had it, and I am very happy with the quality of my violin. I used to rent and play the violin when I was in school, so it has been a few years, but I believe that returning and relearning was a smoother transition (that sounds nicer) because I spent the money on a quality instrument. The experience of opening my case each time makes me quite happy. It's a beautiful violin that I enjoy caring for in a very nice case that came packed with everything I need. I would recommend Fiddlerman, in general, but also this particular instrument to anyone looking in this price range. I was thinking about either the apprentice or the concert, and I am glad I went with the concert violin outfit. It was worth spending a little bit extra, in my opinion.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.