Fiddlerman Apprentice Violin Reviews
How does the Fiddlerman OB1 compare with the Fiddlerman Apprentice?
How does the Fiddlerman Apprentice compare with the Fiddlerman Concert?
- Solid-carved slightly flamed spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% Ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon tailpiece with 4x fine tuners
- Hand-carved French Despiau bridge
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 5 years
- Installed Fiddlerman Violin Strings (Fiddlershop recommended)
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
This outfit was really meant for higher level instruments, but we made it happen! You'll find a nice oblong case, followed by our Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Bow, shoulder rest, and rosin. Products that alone retail for over $200. We strive to offer this kind of quality outfit with every Fiddlerman violin we sell.
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Violin Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlerman wood violin shoulder rest
- Fiddlerman Rosin
- Ultra Practice Mute (not available for 1/2 and smaller sizes)
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth
- One-year warranty on all accessories - Lifetime Structural Warranty
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
I have been playing on a Cecilio Mendini MV400 since I began playing the violin a month ago. Whenever I first received the Cecilio I thought it was beautiful and sounded great for the price point...that is, until I received this violin. This violin not only has the most wonderful sound, but feels and looks so much more expensive that it really is! I decided to purchase this violin because I was recommended it, and I am absolutely STUNNED at the great quality of this violin. It is BEAUTIFUL in every single way. It came perfectly packaged with bubble wrap on every single side and in perfect condition. You can tell that there is a lot of time and heart that goes into these instruments. I am in love with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great beginner violin!
Ellen Kaufman fiddle purchase.
My husband is very impressed with the quality of the sound and the fiddle it's self. I am grateful for all the choices and the help you gave me making this purchase. Thank you!
Great violin for a 70 year old beginner.
Everything arrived setup, tuned and equipped to play right out of the case.
Excellent delivery of a quality instrument
The violin came perfectly packaged, with more to discover with each piece we examined. High quality case, and a very good sound to the instrument...and it came already tuned, just needed small adjustments. Thanks for the attention to detail!
Made the right choice
My first violin and the entire process was made simple. The website is easy to navigate, but primarily the video on the difference between the Apprentice and OB1 sold me. I was wondering the very question you answered via video. Not to mention the Apprentice arrived ready to play. I'm no judge of different violins, but the Apprentice has been perfect. I prefer the look and feel of a wood bow, but as a beginner the carbon fiber makes sense. I've been playing for just over a month every day and I know I made the right choice of violin. As I improve I will be purchasing future violins and accessories from Fiddlerman hands down. You may find a cheaper violin on craigslist or Ebay but the stress of not knowing what condition or quality it's coming as isn't worth saving an extra $50 or $100, and it probably isn't coming with a quality case. 'nuf said.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.