The Fiddlerman OB1 Violin Review
How does the Fiddlerman OB1 compare with the Fiddlerman Apprentice?
The OB1 is possible because of the combination of great connections and strong buying power! The fact that we can offer a quality violin that will last for years with an advancing level outfit is truly AMAZING. It's not uncommon to find this level violin for $300-$600 at other violin shops, (and that is without a quality outfit). Each violin is tested and will arrive ready to play out of the box.
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid-carved spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon Tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved French Despiau bridge
- European Spruce Soundpost from "Alpine Tone Wood"
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 4 years
- Strings - can be Prelude, Fiddlerman, or what we find suits each violin best
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Violin Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlerman wood violin shoulder rest
- Fiddlerman Rosin
- Ultra Practice Mute (not available for 1/2 and smaller sizes)
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth
- One-year warranty on all accessories - Lifetime Structural Warranty
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
We tried a few of Fiddlerman violins. We end up buying the Fiddlerman sololist 1/2 for my son. Fiddlerman OB1 1/8 and Fiddlerman concert 1/4 for my little daugher. Our violin teach said that OB1 seem to have better sound than Apprentice
We bought this for our 7-year-old and the violin sound was really good. Even the teacher noticed the sound difference. The tuning was wonderfully done and we had no problem getting it in tune with just the fine tuners. There was no need to bring it to the music store for any pitch adjustment, unlike the previous violin we had.
Absolutely love it
Everyone is so helpful! During the time of being home more during Coronavirus, it was wonderful to get a violin all setup sent to home!
Thank you Brent, we appreciate the kind words :) We're here if you need anything!
Great service. Sounds great right out of the case. I'm extremely happy with the violin and the service at Fiddlershop.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.