The Fiddlerman OB1 Violin Review
How does the Fiddlerman OB1 compare with the Fiddlerman Apprentice?
The OB1 is possible because of the combination of great connections and strong buying power! The fact that we can offer a quality violin that will last for years with an advancing level outfit is truly AMAZING. It's not uncommon to find this level violin for $300-$600 at other violin shops, (and that is without a quality outfit). Each violin is tested and will arrive ready to play out of the box.
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid-carved spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon Tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved Despiau bridge
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 4 years
- Installed D’Addario Prelude Strings (teacher preferred)
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Violin Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlerman wood violin shoulder rest
- Fiddlerman Rosin
- Ultra Practice Mute (not available for 1/2 and smaller sizes)
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth
- One-year warranty on all accessories - Lifetime Structural Warranty
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
https://youtu.be/w-amVGv9fuw One month of pure joy!
I received my violin a few weeks back, and so far am happy with it.I am new to violins, so after much research I got the Fiddlerman OB1. It came pre -assembled in a travel case with some accessories. I look forward to graduating to a higher level violin in the future, and will probably purchase it from here. The only problem is that the pages come lose when you tune it; but I just push them back in tight.
a violin for a beginner, is not about the deep and rich sound ,but about the quality of the bow, and the great and perfect setup. that every thing works great and you have a nice case rosin and to play. and thats exactly what you get!! a very low price for a very good product!
This was my first violin and I'm really happy with the OB1. It sounds great and feels like good quality. I'm really surprised with how much this violin resonates and projects. The violin finish looks rushed and is rough in places but I guess that's how they keep the cost down. The accessories are great - especially the case, which is great quality. I had to buy another mute as the included one cuts the sound a bit but was still too loud for late-night practice.
I find as I am progressing on my learning that everything I would need was well thought and placed in the package. The only thing I purchased was a tape/chart that I could stick to the finger board. The overall quality of the product is awesome. Happy with the purchase.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.