Fiddlerman will personally test these violins thoroughly before shipping out. The Soloist violin is now made in an exclusive Holstein Violin workshop! After trying hundreds of models, Fiddlerman settled on this one as his dollar-to-dollar favorite advanced level violin.
- Fully hand-carved, beautifully flamed select spruce and maple tone woods
- Hand-carved French Despiau 3-tree bridge (highest grade)
- 100% Ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Professionally hand-rubbed, oil-based varnish
- Antiqued select wood - dried a minimum of 12 years
- Strings - whichever strings sound better on the specific violin (most commonly Thomastik Vision strings for the Soloist violins)
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
* Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection
* Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments
Outfit and Accessories
- Fiddlerman Quality Oblong Case FC75 (Fractional sizes come with Fiddlerman Case)
- Holstein Yellow Sandalwood Violin Bow
- High quality Sandalwood craftsmanship
- Nickel-Silver mounting and winding
- Genuine Ebony Frog
- Mother of pearl inlays on eye and slide
- Lizard skin thumb wrap
- Imitation ivory tip plate
- Holstein Premium Violin Rosin
- Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest
- Ultra Practice Mute
- Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
* One-year warranty on all accessories
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors? Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
I am so very pleased with my 7/8 Soloist violin. I was worried about the projection and brightness of a fractional instrument , however, the Soloist paired with the Vision strings is sweet with just the right amount of brightness. The projection is amazing. Plus, it is beautiful. The customer service is excellent and went WAY above and beyond to help me pick the perfect instrument. Big thumbs up!
You can't go wrong with this violin outfit. I am 59 and bought this outfit for my Christmas present to myself. Fenominal sound and absolute quality, it was a joy doing business with the Fiddleman. And I will again soon.
Last summer I received my Fiddlerman Soloist violin, and it exceeded my expectations. I didn’t want to stop playing it long enough to write this review. However, I feel like I owe something to those fiddlers who might wish to avail themselves of a similar experience! The action is perfect. And so is the sound—sweet and clear, with beautiful overtones and lots of kick when needed. This is a solid, no-frills axe, with no extra carving on the pegs & no decoration on the tailpiece. For you guitar players out there, it’s roughly equivalent to a D-18, with even tone across all strings. And the high strings?—OMG, they really sing! While plenty lustrous, the custom antique finish (yellow-brown, in this instance) really brings out the grain, and I would bet that no two Soloists look exactly alike. It would be fun to visit the shop sometime and see a few of them lined up side-by-side. Everything else in the outfit is high-quality, too. I especially like the yellow sandalwood bow, which is easy to wield, has a warm sound, and after six months of hard fiddling shows no sign of warping or loss of hair. I'll close with a special thanks to Clare, who brought this wonderful instrument to my attention.
Violin arrived perfectly in tune. Love the tone and feel. Wonderful sales person who was so knowledgeable and helpful. It is difficult to buy stringed instruments over the phone but she made me very comfortable buying sight unseen. Thank you.
I had purchased strings and other accessories from Fiddlershop but was reluctant to purchase an instrument without playing it first. But the combination of videos, reviews from other players, and the great customer service I had experienced from Fiddlershop convinced me to upgrade to a Soloist violin. The sales staff was helpful, friendly, just superb in every way. And this beauty arrived in perfect condition; it only required minor tuning and a bit of rosin on the bow. The Soloist sounds incredible and feels so comfortable. I upgraded the shoulder rest to a Bons Musica because it fits my broken collar bone nicely with its adjustability. I could not be happier with my decision to buy this instrument. Its sound is so clean and crisp that I can already discern an improvement in my playing is just a few days.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.