The Fiddlerman OB1 Violin Review
How does the Fiddlerman OB1 compare with the Fiddlerman Apprentice?
The OB1 is possible because of the combination of great connections and strong buying power! The fact that we can offer a quality violin that will last for years with an advancing level outfit is truly AMAZING. It's not uncommon to find this level violin for $300-$600 at other violin shops, (and that is without a quality outfit). Each violin is tested and will arrive ready to play out of the box.
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid-carved spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon Tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved Despiau bridge
- Spirit-based durable dark brown finish (no thick lacquer)
- Wood dried a minimum of 4 years
- Installed D’Addario Prelude Strings (teacher preferred)
- Great for Suzuki and NAfME students
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4
- Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Violin Bow
- Strong, responsive, high-grade carbon fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true Ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high-quality oblong violin case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlerman wood violin shoulder rest
- Fiddlerman Rosin
- Ultra Practice Mute (not available for 1/2 and smaller sizes)
- Fiddlershop polishing cloth
- One-year warranty on all accessories - Lifetime Structural Warranty
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
Everything you need as a newbie learning violin
I find as I am progressing on my learning that everything I would need was well thought and placed in the package. The only thing I purchased was a tape/chart that I could stick to the finger board. The overall quality of the product is awesome. Happy with the purchase.
My daughter loves it!
I am speechless. The quality of the violin is just outstanding. I got this for my daughter’s Christmas present and now she won’t stop practicing. Everything about this violin is great is all I have to say. Totally recommend!
My daughter says "The violin is amazing and I love it so much! It is amazing quality!"
My first violin
The OB1 is my first violin and I am in love. The violin itself is lovely and it sings beautifully, I just needed to tune it a little after unpacking it. The case is impressive in quality and has lots of storage room. I am happy with the bow (plays nice and smooth), shoulder rest and everything that came with the outfit. Everything was packaged with great attention to detail and I also have to say that customer service was great too. I had previously been renting a violin and did lots of research before deciding to buy from Fiddlerman. Absolutely 5 stars, I'd rate higher if I could :) Thank you!
Beautifully crafted instrument
Great prices and fast shipping for a beautiful instrument. My daughter absolutely loved it.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.