Fiddlerman Concert Violin Review
How does the Apprentice compare with the Concert?
How does the Concert compare with the Artist?
Big, bold sounding, great "hand feel", precisely-functioning components and an inspiring look! Carefully selected aged tonewood with real ebony fittings and careful hand-varnishing brings out the natural beauty of the wood and the tone. Fine balance and powerful projection are enhanced by our own Fiddlerman Violin strings!
- Every Fiddlerman instrument undergoes our famous 10-point inspection!
- Lifetime Structural Warranty and Free Lifetime Adjustments (Contact Fiddlershop)
- Solid hand-carved, beautifully figured spruce and maple tone woods
- 100% ebony fingerboard, pegs & fittings
- Carbon Tailpiece with 4x Fine Tuners
- Hand-carved German Teller 3-star bridge
- Hand-rubbed, oil/spirit-based finish (no thick lacquer)
- Antiqued wood - dried a minimum of 6 years
- Installed Fiddlerman Violin Strings (similar to Thomastik Dominants)
- Exceeds all Suzuki and MENC standards
- Precisely measured string height for easy and comfortable playability
- The violin will arrive ready to play out of the box
- Available in sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4 (Fractional sizes come with Prelude strings)
Fiddlerman Violin Bow Features
- Strong, responsive, high-grade Carbon Fiber (far superior to Brazilwood)
- Durable Siberian horse hair for a smooth, full tone
- Nickel-mounted true ebony frog
- Genuine mother-of-pearl inlays
- Sturdy light weight high quality violin suspension case
- Case includes straps, music pocket, storage compartments, four or two bow holders
- Fiddlershop/Fiddlerman Rosin
- Fiddlerman Wood Violin Shoulder Rest
- Ultra Practice Mute (Not Available for 1/2 and 1/4 size)
- Fiddlershop Polishing Cloth
- Carbon composite tailpiece with built-in fine tuners
**One-year warranty on all accessories
The Fiddlershop Family
Why is Fiddlershop growing so fast and blowing away its competitors?
Fiddlerman himself tests and curates the violins and works directly with the maker to produce only the best. With over 40 years as a professional violinist of orchestras around the world, he knows what he's doing. We buy our violins directly from the maker - a rare business practice that lowers our cost so we can pass the savings on to you! Each Fiddlerman violin is set up in our workshop.
Fiddlerman Concert Fiddle
My Concert Fiddlerman came perfectly set up, and has been working great ever since - It's sounding even better the more I play it (maybe because I'm getting better, too???) I highly recommend it!
Glorious singing and resonance!
I love my Concert violin. It exceeds my expectations by far. At purchase, I thought it was a nice instrument that would be adequate. Six weeks later, I’m overjoyed with its rich, lovely tones and resonance. The lower strings are warm and mellow, and the E string produces a glorious singing. I can’t stop playing it. The violin needed a small adjustment to suit my particular needs. I returned to the Florida Fiddlershop where I purchased it in person, and Fiddlerman Pierre astutely identified just the right tweak needed. The luthier completed the adjustment in minutes, and the violin plays like a dream. Pierre was kind and patient and he took my concerns seriously, even though he was clearly having a very busy day. Fiddlershop is filled with a staff of knowledgeable musicians who are warm, polite, helpful and competent. Their customer service is excellent. The Concert Violin Kit comes with a Fiddlerman shoulder rest. It is incredibly comfortable and stable. This Fiddlerman shoulder rest is so much better than the Wolf that I have on my other violin. I plan to replace the Wolf with a Fiddlerman. The case is great as detailed in the other reviews. This violin was a great purchase from a very special shop. Both are highly recommended. Internet shoppers, you should have no fear. There really is a Fiddlershop; there really is a Fiddlerman; he truly is an exceptional, accomplished concert violinist as well as a nice guy, and the instruments are real quality.
I love playing my Fiddlerman Concert Violin
Excellent! I love my violin, it was the perfect recommendation! I am a beginner practicing with Trala. Having a nice violin makes it easier to sound better and is easier to play. Thx FiddlerShop!
I love my Violin
I was following there youtube channel since I was planning to buy a violin. I searched and read about buying for months before I decide to buy from fiddlershop.com. I am so glad I made the right desition. My violin was sent carefully and it was beautiful. I am still at the initial stages of learning. I choose them because I felt like some extent I know them and I know their faces. Not like buying from a faceless company. It is like buying from your local store. Thank you for being so caring about customers! I don't know much to tell about violin sound since I am a beginner, I will review again after some time.
A great value
I stumbled across Fiddlershop a few years ago when I wanted to buy a violin for myself to be able to practice along with my kids (who are in their schools' strings program), and purchased a Fiddlerman Artist. Impressed with the quality of that instrument, as well as the outstanding customer service, when my daughter was ready to move up to a full-size violin, I immediately looked to Fiddlershop and settled on the Fiddlerman Concert. The instrument is gorgeous, as is the entire outfit (the case they included is especially nice)... nothing about it says "cheap". I appreciate that the outfit came with a decent bow and shoulder rest. And it sounds fantastic too!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.